sudo rm -r /home/username/.local/share/Trash/foldernametoremove/your folder name or file
Remove all in Trash
sudo rm -r /home/udana/.local/share/Trash/files/*
1. Download the latest copy of Ubuntu
2. You should have installed Deamon Tools Lite or install it
3. Mount the image of Ubuntu ….desktop-i386.iso
4. Run with wubi.exe on mount, it gives auto run
5. Click on install inside windows
6. select the drive
7. That’s it… If you want to uninstall go to windows -> programs -> uninstall ubuntu
1. Go to applications->accessories->terminal
2. Enter Following commands accordingly,
sudo apt-get install tasksel
sudo tasksel install lamp-server
3. Give the MySQL root password, that’s all
4. We want the default site to be /home/YourUserName/sites/. To do this, we must create a new site and then enable it in Apache2.
To create a new site:
Create a new folder called sites in /home/YourUserName
Copy the default website as a starting point.
sudo cp /etc/apache2/sites-available/default /etc/apache2/sites-available/mysite
5. gksudo gedit /etc/apache2/sites-available/mysite
6. Change the DocumentRoot and Directory to point to the new location. For example replace /var/www/ it with /home/YourUserName/sites/.
Now changes should be as follows,
Options Indexes FollowSymLinks MultiViews
allow from all
7. Change the Directory directive, replace to
sudo a2dissite default && sudo a2ensite mysite
8. Finally, we restart Apache2:
sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 restart
9. Click here http://localhost/
10. So It Works!
Install CakePHP Console script on Ubuntu
It’s very easy to install the new update of the cakePHP framework on Ubuntu.
1. Download the latest copy of the cakePHP (currently 1.3.0)
2. Extract it in to administrator directory (it is the easiest for a beginner) – rename and make it’s path like /home/administrator/cake. then you will have all the stuff coming with the cakePHP bundle.
3. Make a directory on following path by using the command by running a terminal, if it ask for the password give it.
sudo mkdir /usr/share/php/cake
4. then simply run following command
sudo cp -R ~/cake/cake* /usr/share/php
5. Now you will see that in the /usr/share/php/cake directory will having some files.
6. then just run the following command
Thats all now you can bake your new cake. For future updates just do above steps.